Parents on Social Media

9:41 AM


Should Children Ban Their Parents From Social Media? 

Social media is a great way to share your memories, thoughts, adventures and photographs! It has been prominent throughout the years, especially in this generation. No one could not know a thing about social media, unless you're a new born baby! (⊙▂⊙)


(Source: Pinterest)


My family and I love taking pictures! We have tons of photo albums and printed pictures that we could look back upon with great fondness. Yes, you could call us an "old-school" family, but that's just because social media was not that well-known ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ In fact all of my baby pictures and my older sister's baby pictures were printed ones, but for my younger brother.. well, you could just say that my parents' Facebook wall are full of his pictures. And since they really wanna show the world how cute their children are, they scanned our printed pictures and posted them. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) 

I really did not care of what my parents posted when I was a kid. I always see a smile on their face when they take pictures or film me, so I thought it was okay because I'm making them happy! Also, they made sure that the content they were posting weren't inappropriate and did not reveal too much information about me. But, as I grew older, some of the pictures and videos they posted, made me cringe.. a lot. I was thankful there was an option to hide it though! So it was all good. 

I believe it's not necessary to ban parents from social media because like I said before it's a great method to share delightful moments and memories. Furthermore, it's fun to look back and reminisce the good old days! (◡‿◡✿) 


You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. ahhhh, I feel the same way!! It's great for parents to be on social media.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agree with christophers idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, parents can share their good moments in social media

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't realize how much people from older generations love posting their loved ones on social media because it makes them happy. I sometimes thought they posted pictures just to show off how cute their babies are. You're right though, parents should be allowed to post pictures on social media because it's a good way to keep memories saved to look back at later.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally agree with you, Atheena! As kids, we are never think about our actions as much as we do now. I think it is because we have developed as individuals and have learned to become someone. So as kids, we wouldn't really think about what were actually doing, whether it is wearing an ugly outfit we put together ourselves or singing that really embarrassing song that we used to think was the bomb! But now, being people who have developed a sense of who we are, probably look back and think that we looked pretty dumb and just so unlike who we are today. That's probably why we have a cringe attack when looking back at all the things our parents posted of us. But they are great memories, no matter how embarrassed it makes us feel.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

Like us on Facebook

Popular Posts

Flickr Images